School Dress Code
PES School Dress Code
Cheatham County School Board Policy 6.310
Students shall dress and groom in a clean, neat and modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation of the school.
More specific guidelines appropriate for each level of school (elementary, middle, junior high and senior high) may be developed. Principals, faculty members and students shall be involved in the development of each appropriate set of guidelines.
When a student is attired in a manner which is likely to cause disruption or interference with the operation of the school, the principal shall take appropriate action, which may include suspension and/or expulsion.
- Shorts, skirts, neat fitting jeans, and dresses are the appropriate dress for girls. Skirts, dresses, and shorts must come below the finger tips when arms are extended straight down. There should be no writing on pants. Pants must be worn at the waist.
- Shorts, clean and neat jeans, and pants are appropriate for boys. They must be worn at the waist.
- Jeans with holes worn or torn in the seat or crotch areas will not be worn.
- Safe and appropriate footwear is required for indoor and outdoor activity. House shoes, skate shoes, and shower-type shoes are examples of inappropriate footwear. Please do not wear flip-flops.
- There shall be no halters or exposure of the midriff, no spaghetti or thin strap shirts.
- A T-shirt must be worn under net (or mesh) shirts and tank tops.
- Clothing and accessories advertising alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, and unacceptable (or suggestive) language are not to be worn to school.
- No hats may be worn in school unless given permission. Hats may be worn on Fridays.
At the principal's discretion, parents will be notified about anything that is distracting to the educational environment of the classroom.