I am Michelle Buckingham, the school counselor for Pegram Elementary Fine Arts Magnet School. As the counselor, I am here as part of a team working with parents, school staff, and community resources to help make school a caring and supportive environment for our children. I work to help students overcome barriers to their progress in their academic, social, and emotional growth by providing prevention and intervention services.
I provide a non-judgmental, confidential counseling atmosphere for the student. If the student’s needs are beyond my scope of training and expertise, or require a more long-term approach, I will be happy to provide a list of private professional counselors.
Individual counseling is available as needed on a short-term basis. This may include issues related to, but not limited to:
· School adjustment
· Coping with difficult personal and family problems, such as divorce
· Peer relations
· Developing a positive self concept
· Decision-making and goal setting
· Working with students on making changes in their behavior
· Academic and work habits problems
· Drug and alcohol concerns in the family
· Grief due to the death of a friend, family member, or pet
· Helping you develop strategies that support your child’s education.
· Providing information to help you better understand child development.
· Connecting you with appropriate professional services outside of school.
Please feel free to contact me at any time to make an appointment to discuss your concerns.